Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Kaleidescope

As I look into the kaleidoscope of my life, I see the many colors of love, laughter, joy, pain, confusion, peace, illness, health all mixed to create something worth studying. As I examine the plethora of colors and shapes, the shapes and colors that stand out are the times that have been most challenging for me. It is those difficult experiences that have brought greater depth and beauty to my life. And to think initially I have shunned these experiences away, not realizing the richness it would bring. The amazing thing is, these accents of difficulty have a powerful way of making all the other shapes and colors come alive.

Now I can't say that I have reached the point to be shouting for joy when a challenge comes along, but what I can say is that it is worth it and I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

Cristie said...

This is profoundly insightful. How often we shrink from the very challenges that, when dealt with humility and prayer, and an open heart to answers,are the greatest gifts we can receive. Thank you for the inspiring observation.