Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pre-surgery

So after exactly 6 months of waiting, Josh and I will be at the hospital at 6AM tomorrow for Robbie's open heart surgery. I almost can't believe we have made it to this point.

Today I took Robbie in for all of the presurgery stuff. I could not believe how easy it was to draw Robbie's blood with an IV team. Last time it took an hour and 6 pokes to get half the amount of blood. Yeah for an IV Team. Robbie also received a chest X-ray. The man helping us was very kind and simply held Robbbie when we were all finished. He told me his little grandson has Down syndrome, too.
Then I got to talk to the nurse practitioner who let us know more about Robbie's surgery. Our surgeon will be Dr. Birch; we will meet him tomorrow morning (bright and early may I add) When all was said and done, we were finished in two hours. That is a record for any cardiology thing. Anyway, we'll keep you posted.

Again thanks to everyone.

And to my children, I am sending lots of hugs and kissses. Mom and Dad love you!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

I was visiting someone at the Huntsman Cancer Institute yesterday and I could see PCMC from my window. I thought of you and your sweet little guy. He is definitely in my thoughts and prayers today! Love you!