Saturday, June 19, 2010

A New Day: Day 2 in the PICU

Robbie is doing great. This morning around 9:00 he was extubated. This means that the breathing tube was taken out of his chest and he does not need the ventilator, only oxygen. I love seeing his little cheeks again.

This afternoon, Robbie even took 45 CC's of water from a bottle! The nurse was very surprised and said we could try milk next. Sure enough he chugged it down like a champ! His medication doses have also been reduced significantly. (yeah)

I feel like more than ever we are being watched over. Sometimes I feel like my Grandma Ensign (who past away almost 10 years ago) is so close that I have to look up to see if she is there.

Josh and I are overwhelmed with the help and love our family has received. We feel like your prayers have carried us many miles during this journey. Our burdens have surely been lightened. Thank you!

No comments: